Sunday 14 January 2018

D&AD Research

In order for me to have an idea  of how a brief should look like and what to include, I decided to look at past briefs from D&AD.

I've noticed that for most if not all briefs it includes:

  • It always includes the history of the brand or company its for.
  • It includes information of what participants are asked to do.
  • It also includes things for participants to consider while creating their designs, which can help them create a better and innovative designs as they are able to research and look what's already been done.
  • It tells participants the target audience - which can also help them consider other factors such as demographics and social status other than age and gender.
  • Mandatory requirements are outlines to tell participants what the designs need and should include.
  • It also tells them the deliverables of the brief - how their designs should be made in order to be accepted e.g. physical mock - ups or digital submissions; as well as possible supporting materials which are an extra deliverables that participants may choose to do. 




I think for my brief I need to consider who my client is first in relation to my topic (Advertising and Public Awareness). Maybe I could choose brands or clients which have a specific type of audience or style to them so that I can link the brief on how these brand may persuade their audiences. I think it will also be better if I can create brief which focuses on a certain aspect of advertising for the brand e.g. designing a new ad campaign for a new product, or an ad campaign which will renew an old or dated product.

No comments:

Post a Comment