Thursday 22 March 2018

Initial Ideas for Poster

After the critical, I had another think of what else to do, as I thought my previous initial ideas that i wrote on this blog isn't really very useful or appropriate anymore. I thought of making a design based on how IKEA always emphasises the functionality of their products, as well as showing it's specs without asctually writing it down, but rather showing it through pictures.

Therefore, I wanted to show this through, applying the idea of using blueprints to show space in a house in a product. I want to create a minimal but clean illustration of the wradrobe product that I'm planning to advertise. It is also an attempt to divert from IKEA's previous way of advertising, through photographs I thought, drawing an illustration would be a different take on it and give the advert a different feel' making it look contemporary and may even attract attention from general audiences. I've also decided to use IKEA's existing layout and colour scheme as I thought it would only make sense since they re already large corporation that already cemented their public image and design style, therefore it's easier to spot this advertisement as an IKEA advertisement due to the colours, font and layout used.

I think I'll need to add more detail it, giving it a better structure buy maybe actually measuring the lengths of the lines? Maybe it would make it more detailed and give more description on the product visually and make it more under stable for the audience. I did get some peer feedback and I've been suggested to maybe just make the lines bolder and make it more detailed which I'll probably aim to do to develop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment